- Math/Machine Learning Terminology
- Rule Post Pruning Summary
- Find-S Summary
- Candidate Elimination Summary
- Decision Trees Summary
- Stochastic Gradient Descent Summary
- Delta Training Rule Summary
- Perceptron Training Rule Summary
- A Summary Of Multilayer Neural Networks
- Abdullah's Machine Learning Notes
Delta Training Rule Algorithm is a machine learning algorithm to learn the weights of a single neuron (unit).
Click here to learn what a unit is. At the very least, read the section on what a unit is, but I recommend you read the whole thing.
Here is the algorithm:
- arbitrarily initialize
set error function to something like:
- is a particular training example
- is the actual output for that training example (in this case +1 or -1)
- is the output as predicted by our current weights
- do gradient descent (or stochastic gradient descent) to find
Delta Rule vs Perceptron Rule
Both of these rules can be used to find . What are the pros/cons of each?
|perceptron rule||delta rule|
|requires linearly separable data||does not|
|can perfectly classify training examples in finite steps||asymptotically approaches perfect classification|